Saturday, June 4, 2011

Annulment

Less than a month ago, I officiated at a wedding. The couple (not so young) are devout Christians - not Presbyterian, but their Baptist pastor refused to marry them because they had both been divorced. They were divorced because of infidelity on their respective spouses' parts. So yesterday, I got an e-mail from the husband, asking me to call him. I did, and left a message on his voice mail.
This morning, I got another e-mail, thanking me for returning his call, and telling me that they wanted their marriage annuled. What???? I haven't called him back, because I just don't know what to say to him.
I have a call in to my Clerk of Presbytery (who is likely at General Assembly) beause I need some guidance.
Have any of you ever been faced with a situation like this?
I am praying for them, and for the situation, but some practical advice would be nice, too.
Thanks, and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment